Thursday, March 6, 2014

We Bought the Farm!

I must apologize for my lack of posts, if anyone is really out there.

The short of it is....We Bought a House!
Nice Ranch on 2 Acres, full basement, attached 2 car garage, 3 beds, 2 baths. 1300sqft.

I have been spending my time jumping through every hoop the bank throws our way.

I think if there is a next time, I will pay cash, just to avoid acting like a circus dog.

I know that it is not the most financially savy move, but I am pretty sure the feelings would add up to many dollars in my emotional and psychological bank accounts.

Once it all settles down, I will do a monthly post of paying off the mortgage as fast as possible with loan balances and such, so that y'all can be inspired by us kicking debt in the face.

Again, I offer no defense of the intelligence of this move, it is purely a play on my distrust of my employer caring about my debt and the freedom that will exist with lesser burdens and more cash flow each month.

I don't really care about traditional retirement (never played golf in my life), but would love a downshift to work that I really care about as quick as possible.

Look forward to lots of posts on moving, setting up garden systems, and paying off a mortgage!

Happy Lent!



No comments:

Post a Comment