Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Proverbs Challenge Day 1

In the daily readings of the Catholic Church there has been a lot of talk about King David and now his Son Solomon. Solomon asked the Lord to give him wisdom above all else. We are searching for wisdom in a variety of areas in our life  especially about housing, so I am going to read one chapter of Proverbs everyday until I read them all. 

I am using the method of reading the Chapter number that corresponds to the calendar date until I finish them all. I am also going to keep a notebook of one concrete way to live out each piece of wisdom in the reading.

I started with Chapter 11 and here was what stood out to me:

24 One person is lavish yet grows still richer;
another is too sparing, yet is the poorer.*
25Whoever confers benefits will be amply enriched,
and whoever refreshes others will be refreshed.

No comments:

Post a Comment